Saturday, August 6, 2011

32 Weeks.

It is hard to believe I'm already in the 30s. I have about 7 weeks left if Hudson stays where he is until his due date, but he will more than likely be early because of my gestational diabetes. I'm hoping like 3 weeks early. At least part of me is, and the other part is terrified. I felt not an ounce of apprehension or nervousness until the last few weeks. Danny had been asking me several times a day if I was nervous, and I would reply "No...are YOU?" Yes, was his answer. Now, he's not nervous at all and just ready for the baby to get here. Now I am realizing that in a few short weeks I will be DELIVERING A BABY and I am scared. I'm scared of actually delivering him, and I'm so scared of right after. Not that I'm scared of the night feedings and everything that goes along with that-I'm scared something will happen to him. I talked to an old friend on the phone tonight who lost her baby at 3 months to SIDS, and it really puts it all in perspective for me. I am going to try to enjoy even the toughest moments as much as possible because I know there are so many people out there longing for those exact moments. I just want him to get here healthy, and stay that way. Another part of me feels a little sad that everything will be changing for forever. We won't be able to run to the movies on a whim like we do now, and lay around in bed all day long if we feel like it. But then I think about Halloween coming up, and Christmas, and get so excited to celebrate those things with a little baby that is half me and half Danny. I feel so lucky to be starting a family with him, he will be such a great father. This pregnancy has just gone SO fast I don't know if I'm fully prepared yet. But I guess no one is until it happens.

This is as close as it is going to get for maternity pictures for me. I did want at least one picture to remember my baby bump by, and I thought since I actually fixed my hair, put on makeup, and was wearing something other than leggings I would take a picture of Hudson and me at 32 weeks (and a few days).  I can't wait to hold him!

1 Comment:

Katie said...

This is the cutest picture EVER. OMG!

Post a Comment