Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fireplace redo #3

Last Fall I got a fireplace mantle I had been searching for for years...Here it is in it's early stage.

I bought it at the Antique and Fleamarket Extravaganza in Springfield, OH  last September. My FAVORITE place to go. Already counting down to this year. So I drove home with that on the top of my jeep, because it wasn't until I had already bought it that I realized it didn't fit in the back! I wanted to get a mantle to put under my tv...but when I got it home it didn't fit. So we put it on a different wall. I painted it white and added some antique ceiling tiles to the middle...since I obviously don't have an actual fireplace.
Here it is decorated for Christmas...I realize now I didn't think to take a picture of it before I painted it again. Anyways, it was white...but everything else in my livingroom is dark. So I decided to paint it today.
I think it matches better now. And I made that wreath today to put on the mirror, not sure if I like it yet. I'm going to have to get used to it. Danny didn't even notice when he came home...when I laughed he finally noticed the wreath. But..not that the fireplace is black. Oh well!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment