Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!!

Well, it's the 26th and Christmas is over. Other than our Christmas with my moms side of the family (Grandma, Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Mike, and Bryston) we are done with Christmases! Usually we have lots of Christmases to go to at this point but this year we got them all over with early. (Apparently all you have to do to hurry people along is have a baby).  Our first one was with Danny's mom and Katie, and it is where Hudson got the most loot probably.
We had a great breakfast made by Danny's mom and a great time! Danny had to work in the afternoon so we left around 12...it was strange to be by myself (and a sleeping baby) for the rest of the day after Christmas. The best gift of all went to his Uncle Mike who got him the sweetest thing. I thought it was just a bottle of Whiskey but then we saw that it has the inscription "Hudson Applegate Don't open until 21. Have your first drink with Uncle Mike." Sooo thoughtful. We love it.
Look at all his stuff! 
I love this picture with his Aunt Katie. 
The next Christmas was with my dad, step mom and step sister. Last year we had our Christmas in APRIL so we vowed to have it earlier this year.

They got Hudson a giant teddy bear.  We obviously put him in it ASAP for pictures.
They stayed for the night and left in the morning-it was fun while it lasted! Christmas morning Hudson slept until I finally woke him up myself to go to my moms at 7:45. While we were waiting for him to get up I woke Danny up at 5:30 so we could have our Christmas together. He got me the sweetest gift-a ring and necklace with Sapphires and diamonds because Sapphires are Hudson's birthstone. And he got me my all time favorite movie as a child Fivel Goes West and An American Tale so I can watch those with Hudson. He also got me another Krinkles raindeer to add to my collection.
I got him some clothes, a PS3 game, and 2 DVDs that he was excited about (Workaholics season 1 and Idiot Abroad season 2). And some other small stuff and stocking stufers. Oh, and I got ahold of his dad and got some ornaments Danny was telling me about that he made when he was a child that were his favorite so I was excited to give him those! And it will be nice to have them on our tree next year. So we woke Hudson up and took a quick picture in front of the tree and then headed to my Mom's house.

As usual Mom and Dean got us way too much stuff. (We weren't complaining though). Most exciting was the Christmas PJs I have been lusting after.
 I have a feeling Santa will bring me extra things next Christmas if I wear these. Hudson was excited about his stocking (especially because I couldn't find one cute enough so he didn't have one at our house this year...)


We played...
Read some educational books...

Snuggled...

 And then had so much fun we needed a nap.

After Christmas with them and breakfast we headed back to our house and Danny's dad came over and we exchanged gifts with him. He got Hudson an adorable Mickey mouse outfit (no pics yet) and then we went back to my mom's for Christmas dinner with my grandma, Aunt, and cousin. He changed outfits to this totally cute one...



 And he got a fun new drum that he was pretty into!
After that we headed home and opened the gifts we got Hudson for him, except I bought him Lion King and can't find it anywhere. No clue where it is hiding.
He had a really big day but did great! Only a few fussy moments. He's been so sweet and funny lately! (He's laying beside me right now laughing and kicking). Christmas with him was everything I imagined! I can't wait until next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment